We share in the growing concern around Covid-19 and have taken additional measures at Well Adjusted to ensure those who visit our office have the highest possible level of attention and care. Doctors of chiropractic are considered essential healthcare providers and remain ready to serve our communities both in daily care and in times of urgent need. Currently, we are taking into account current information from the World Health Organization, the CDC, our local health departments, and our county and state organizations to best serve our patients during this time, and maintaining scrupulous clinical hygiene is our first priority in doing so.
In addition to our regular cleaning routine we have added the following:
- Scheduling patients so that they do not overlap and that they will not be in close proximity to each other. Also seeing patients in separate rooms if there are more than one person or couple present at one time.
- Seeing patients by appointment only during our reduced hours at this time. Please call to schedule a time that works for you. We cannot accommodate walk-ins at this time.
- Taking all patients' temperature with a touch-free thermometer when they arrive. Taking the doctor's twice: at the day's start and mid-way through treatment hours.
- Thoroughly wiping down all equipment and waiting room furniture with disinfectants before and after each patient.
- Using an additional high heat steam treatment on the adjusting equipment before and after each patient to further sanitize surfaces.
- Wearing a mask while treating and a fresh set of gloves while working with each patient in addition to hand washing using the recommended method and using alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Altering treatment techniques as necessary to reduce time in close facial proximity.
We realize there are people who are actively treating with us for pain and limited function stemming from car accidents, disc issues, injuries, and other musculoskeletal and neurological concerns and that those patients rely on us to give them care in an environment where people are not also coming in for a full range of illnesses. We remain open to them with the current protocol stated here.
At this time we recommend those at high risk with coronavirus reschedule any appointments they might have and that those who know they have been exposed to active cases within the last 14 days (minimum) do the same. Likewise, anyone feeling unwell or running a fever will also be asked to hold off on visiting the office for at least 14 days.
We are also asking patients to refrain whenever possible from having anyone accompany them who is not assisting in getting them to their appointment and/or does not also have a scheduled appointment. Thank you for understanding.
If you have any additional questions please contact the office. We're in this together, and we are committed to taking care of you with the dedication and attention you deserve.
Yours in health,